Recent Posts

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Daily Prayer

(Adapted from the Universal Prayer attributed to Pope Clement XI)

Lord, I believe in you, increase my faith. 
I trust in you, strengthen my trust
I love you, let me love you more and more. 
I am sorry for my sins, deepen my sorrow

I offer my thoughts: to be fixed on you;
my words: to have you for their theme
my actions: to reflect my love for you
my sufferings: to be endured for your greater glory

I want to do what you ask of me: in the way that you ask
for as long as you ask, because you ask it. 

Lord, enlighten my understanding
strengthen my will
purify my heart
and make me holy

Help me to conquer anger with gentleness
greed by generosity
apathy with fervor
help me to forget myself and reach out towards others.

Teach me to realize that this world is passing, 
that my future is the happiness of Heaven
that life on earth is short
and the life to come eternal

Lead me safely through the life to the endless joys of eternity. Amen. 


Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.

God Bless,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment